I’m forcing myself to attend my Weight Watchers meeting this weekend and I’m going to weigh in, no matter what! It’s been nearly 1 whole month, or one membership payment of $44.95, since I’ve attended or tracked my daily food intake (remember how I said in my previous post that my self-destructive habits cost me money? About that…).
In other news, life has been good. I’ve been more intentional about spending time with God, getting at least 7 hours of sleep, taking my vitamins, spending time with my friends, and doing things that get me out of my comfort zone. Here’s an “adventurous-but-not-really-adventurous things that Rebekah did recently” list:
- Veggie shopping at two local farmers markets: I’ve been meaning to shop locally and I finally did. Also bought kombucha, kimchi, rum, beef brisket, and a half-peck of apples.
- Made my own gentle exfoliant scrub out of organic oatmeal, dried pink rosebuds, and dried chamomile loose leaf tea. The recipe was inspired by my soul twin, Jaime, who is wholeheartedly a natural gal. Loves to make her own beauty products, home care products, etc, and she came for a visit. So naturally (pun intended), we concocted some things like deodorant, body spray, and heartburn relief serum. My skin is happy with the scrub, and I’m excited to try a new recipe. Picture below embodies us: tree huggers.
- Hiked Sugarloaf Mountain for the first time and ended up walking a total of 10 miles that day!
- Visited the batting cages with old friends that I reconnected with and had a great time even though I literally hit, like, 1 out of every 10 baseballs.
- Had a photo shoot in DC with some buddies who are basically models and really good at posing/taking pictures. Posing for pictures feels weird to me, so I resort to my usual cheese-ball smile and keep my arms by my sides. But my friends are bringing me out of my shell and it’s boosting me ❤
Not all that exciting, but meaningful to me nonetheless. I’ve been eating well the past few days, in hopes of bringing my weight back to where it was before I weigh in this weekend. We’ll see how it goes and I’ll keep you posted!